Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone

Need some help. I just found out that I have 6 lugs all the way around on my truck. For some reason I thought they were 5.

Anyway. I am putting in disk breaks in the front so no issue there I am just going to put on 5 lug rotors.

Big Question is what is the best way to do this in the rear since i have 6 lug drum now. and want to put in 5 lug disk

Please any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Everyone

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
The '60-'62 Chevy C10's typically have the Eaton HO32 differential. No one makes conversion axles for those differentials. So you would have to have a machine shop plug and re-drill your existing axles is your cheapest bet, but there is also the possibility that your axles are worn at the wheel bearing surface.
An option for you would be to find a '63 to early '70 12 bolt, hopefully with 3.07 gears. The trailing arm mounts will still need to be moved, as the '60-'62 trailing arms are farther apart. The '63 & '64 12 bolt will have the same panhard bar mount as your current differential. The '65-'70 uses a shorter panhard with the mount in a different location, but is easily modified to fit. Now on to the 6 lug to 5 lug issue. There are aftermarket 5 lug conversion axles available for the '63-'70 12 bolts, as well as posi carriers, lockers and many gear ratios.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts