Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 61 C10 in fairly good condition. I have replaced the wheel cylinders, clutch slave cylinder and master cylinder. While under the truck, I saw the speedometer drive gear and housing were not there. The hold down bolt had been broken off in the tail shaft and the hole for the gear sealed with a freeze plug. Does anyone have a picture or know where I can get the parts I'll need? The truck has a 6 cylinder with 3 on the tree. I also noted the engine has no oil filter. Is there any way to add a filter? I haven't got to the engine yet but I can turn it over by hand. Thanks for reading my long winded post.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
The early chevy sixes used an external bolt on filter as an option, maybe you still can find these not sure, LMC or Truck and car shop, or maybe Classic chevrolet parts, Jim Carters truck parts, same with the speedometer drive..

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
The trans problem shouldn't be much the 3 speed trans speedometer fittings are the same for many years and Chevys. Trip the the salvage yard should takecare of that. The oil filter is a bit different. They used to make an oil filter kit for the six. Haven't seen one in a long time. You may find one in a salvage yard somewhere or on line but I know of no body selling them anymore. anim_25.....hate to say this BUT the early Fords had an external oil filter also

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
You can give these guys a call American Hot Rod Solutions 318-208 4184

Talk to them I'm sure they can get you going with the speedOmeter parts.
The only thing you may need to tell them is the rear ratio. but give them a call anim_25

·
Registered
64 Posts
You can give these guys a call American Hot Rod Solutions 318-208 4184

Talk to them I'm sure they can get you going with the speedOmeter parts.
The only thing you may need to tell them is the rear ratio. but give them a call anim_25
And maybe the tire size you intend to run...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts