Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any one has posted about the options for Hubcaps running the original 6 Lug Hubcaps. Also if anyone has some creative hubcaps that work as well.

Please post pics, as not only myself but others would like to get some great ideas.

Also, i did buy some baby moons from summit racing that should fit my original wheels. I am trying HARD to not scratch or have finger dents in them but its a pain in the ass to get them on. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. LOL

Ive tried grease, lube, a rubber mallet with a towel, Just cant seem to get them on.

thanks guys

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Boy I remember those being a pain in the a$$, old school, three nub wheels, hook two of the nubs and use the palm of your hand to bump over the third nub, takes practice....anim_63

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
406Rich,

Yeah its funny as I am cussing up a storm and not wanting to make dents in the hubcap LMAO Ive been fighting to get these damn things on.

Maybe thinking of taking it to a wheel place to see if they can get them on. What a pain in the ASS!!! Next time its going to be Rally or Steelie Wheels, maybe Transports.

How did you guys do it back in the 50s-60s LOL

Will try your method and let you know :)

Thanks man

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
406Rich,

Yeah still having a tough time LOL Its like that insurance commercial with the state farm guy and the fisherman that represents the cheap car insurance company playing with you "Oh you almost got it" LMAO!!!

Will try again tomorrow morning :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts