1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 97 chevy truck .
I have a 65 c10 all original.
So my thoughts and plan is to convert all possible
I would like to use moter trans all around Suspension fuel brake, powerstearing ac. System ext.

Has anyone preformed what I'm describing?
Couple friends say just swap body's and fab mount and bumper points but . I was wondering if I can use all the wiring harness from the 97 or would I have to buy different harnesses
any advice would help thanks
I'm building truck as a gift for my parents would like more modern dependable truck all around

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I just purchased a 97 chevy truck .
I have a 65 c10 all original.
So my thoughts and plan is to convert all possible
I would like to use moter trans all around Suspension fuel brake, powerstearing ac. System ext.

Has anyone preformed what I'm describing?
Couple friends say just swap body's and fab mount and bumper points but . I was wondering if I can use all the wiring harness from the 97 or would I have to buy different harnesses
any advice would help thanks
I'm building truck as a gift for my parents would like more modern dependable truck all around
You can use all in your `65 except the front disc assembly, the spindles have a different geometry at the mounting points, you will never get the camber in aligment, if you put your `65 body on the `95 chassis, first off the wheel track is wider than the `65 it puts the stock `95 wheels right up against the fenders, there are many changes that need to be done ( cab, bed, bumper mounts ) and it can but never turns out right that I have seen yet. And welcome to the forum, we do like pics....sign0016

1 - 2 of 2 Posts