1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1969 C10 long bed
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im a bit new to this but I Wana poke yalls brains about this
I have a 5.7 350 with a 2B carb crate motor in my 69 c10
it's 1 and a half years old me and the Mis were going into town to get groceries and truck was running like a top I've been up to date with matince oil sparkplugs tuneups ect

we try to start the motor and no dice i tryed a field repair and got it down to no spark i had fuel and air
we were able to push start it in a pinch but it gets weard she ran fine got home parked that's that

fast forward a couple of days I get new sparkplugs wires ect cap rotor to do a spark tune up

I gaped the plugs to .35 and put them in replaced the spark plug wires that looked bad or cooked on my headers she cranked up but has a nasty pop in the exsaust and idles rough and dies if I give her gas
we retried a .25 gap and it was worse. 40 gap and she wouldn't run
replaced rotor cap and rest of the wires still same symptoms im not to versed on motors beyond basic maintenance and such any information yall can spare will be very helpful
she is regularly maintained daily driven tbh she is my main transportation

note I've swaped to a manual choke so no vacume is going to the distributor
and I don't have points in the distributor I've swpaed to electronic
Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle

Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Auto part Hood

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Mode of transport

Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
17 Posts
if your plug wires are still run as shown in the pics....re-route them using some form of loom to keep they off the headers. In pic # 4&6 looks like its laying right on the primary header tubes

Might want to go over the valve cover using simple 2 wire hold downs attached to the valve cover bolts. You would need to shorten or get a set of wires designed for OTVC install

If you prefer under the valve cover plug routing than get looms and wire set for that but can be challenging with headers

pic of my OTVC (Moroso) wires

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Auto part

·
Registered
1969 C10 long bed
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if your plug wires are still run as shown in the pics....re-route them using some form of loom to keep they off the headers. In pic # 4&6 looks like its laying right on the primary header tubes

Might want to go over the valve cover using simple 2 wire hold downs attached to the valve cover bolts. You would need to shorten or get a set of wires designed for OTVC install

If you prefer under the valve cover plug routing than get looms and wire set for that but can be challenging with headers

pic of my OTVC (Moroso) wires

View attachment 8405
I'm saving up for a set of the blue ray moroso wires for her but money is tight for now I'll make her look nice soon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts