Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I’m new to the group. I have some engine related questions and I wanted to see if I could get some help. I have a 350 I wanted to build up. I bought a set of vortec heads from a friend, a comp thumpr cam 227/241, and an edelbrock performer eps intake manifold. I plan on getting flat top pistons as well. I also plan on replacing my edelbrock 1406 with a Holley but I don’t know which one. What Holley would y’all recommend? What do y’all think I’ll get for compression, for horsepower and torque, and what can I expect for vacuum? I got a th350 trans as well. Would I need to overhaul it or can I get away with just a stall converter?

·
Super Moderator
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
803 Posts
Hopefully those are 5.7 heads? And your intake will work with those heads? Without knowing specifics of your build. A realistic number is 350-375 hp. Why not go with an EFI setup, since your gonna have it all torn down?

There's lots of videos with great information..heres one that may help..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Dave S yes the heads were off a 5.7 vortec. Engine only had 160k miles and no cracks were found. The intake is for the vortec heads. Glad to get an idea of how much power it’ll make. EFI seems really sweet but I just don’t wanna spend all the cash for it.

·
Super Moderator
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
803 Posts
If no EFI, then a 650 double pumper will work fine.

·
Registered
820 Posts
+There was an article in Car Craft titled 350 small block budget build.The difference was cam selection ,air gap manifold and 750 holley.Ran dyno with 1.5 then 1.6 rockers and a carb spacer i think.Top numbers were 440 hp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts