Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Hoping someone can help me. I have a 69 C10 with the original 238 CI L6 motor and a "3 on the tree" manual shift transmission. The previous owner installed an aftermarket 3-speed floor shift kit and it is awful. I've tried tightening things up with extra washers, a second bolt in the shift rod, etc, but there is so much play in it that it is nearly impossible to locate the gears while shifting.

I am struggling to find the parts needed to restore it back to the column shift configuration, but all of the linkage was removed so I have no point of reference. I can't even locate the names of the parts. I need basically everything from the column base to the tranny. Can someone describe the names of the parts (part numbers would be great) and where I may possibly locate them?

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated. Love this forum. You guys have so much experience.

Thanks in Advance.

Doug

·
Registered
13 Posts
You will need to find good used linkage rods which come up from time to time. Your best bet is to place a wanted ad for them. I am not familiar with a 238 CI inline six. Most had 250 or 292 CI.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts