Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just inherited a 66 C20 long bed from my father and needless to say the truck needs a whole lot of work. Im dedicated to putting the work into it and restoring it little by little because my dad and I shared a passion for vehicles and this truck was actually his dad's at first (my grandfather). I'm pretty sure I know what direction I want to go with the truck, I'm just in the phase of planning it all out before I start actually buying parts for it. You know, plan it first p, make sure it's what you want and then research everything so you only buy things once. Well I've got a 454BBC that I'd love to drop in the truck but it's a three speed on the column which I actually love and really really want to keep. I'm just not sure if I'm able to use that trans with the big block. Does anyone on here have ny input?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you probably have a muncie or saginaw three speed, as long as your not beating the trans up with power it will survive..anim_63 sign0016

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum, you probably have a muncie or saginaw three speed, as long as your not beating the trans up with power it will survive..anim_63 sign0016
Thanks for the help and the warm welcome. I intend on stroking the 454 out to a 496 and making good power with it but I'm not going beat the crap out of it on a regular basis. First thing I'm worried about is whether or not the trans will bolt up to and work with the motor. Then, considering the power this thing will probably make, if it's even possible to rebuild the trans with stronger parts to try and keep it alive. It's not going to be a drag truck by any means, I plan on driving it to work a few days a week, have some fun on the way to and from work lol and hauling my motorcycle to and from the track.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WatchThis Welcome to C10 Trucks Sounds like a cool ride Post some pictures when you get time
Thank you sir. And that's a whole other issue in itself... I'm active duty Army stationed in NC and the truck is back home in south AL. So even getting the truck here would be a task then there's the fact that I know all of the shops back home to go to for different stages of the build (paint and body, interior, engine work) whereas idk much around here really. Then the fact that I already have a Camaro and motorcycle in my garage and a Jeep then my wife's car in the driveway, I don't really have much room up here to work on it anyway. So yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what to do about that whole situation :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts