Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I just ran across a sweet deal for purchasing a 1986 corvette engine with the factory aluminum heads. the engine has been totally rebuilt and heads have been reworked for even better flow.

The only problem is the plugs are angled plugs. I called Hedman, Hooker, Summit and Doug Thorley. The Summit Racing tech guy was clueless and couldnt find any matches. he told me to think about looking at a 1986 Vette Header to possibly see if they would fit. Not a terrible idea, but later after I called directly to the manufactures. I was totally surprised that this was the first Summit Tech guy that failed giving good advice/

All three header companies gave me a part number and said "These headers will work with angle plugged heads.

My questions to the Forum is who else has dropped in an engine with angle plug heads and has anyone tried using corvette headers?? Just a thought lol

Dough thorleys was the most expensive at $680 part #DTE-300Y-C, 1 5/8 primary. Then Hooker at $496.95 part #2801 HKR 1 5/8 primary. and the cheapo set from hedman at 175.97 part #69260 with 1 1/2 primary.

Just curious on the see if anyone has ever tried Vette or any other combination header that has worked on a 64 chevy C10 and the engine has angled plug heads.

Thanks

Tony

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I have the angle plug heads in my 72 I found Headmen was the only one that had them for my application. Worth a phone call.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Guys,

I just ran across a sweet deal for purchasing a 1986 corvette engine with the factory aluminum heads. the engine has been totally rebuilt and heads have been reworked for even better flow.

The only problem is the plugs are angled plugs. I called Hedman, Hooker, Summit and Doug Thorley. The Summit Racing tech guy was clueless and couldnt find any matches. he told me to think about looking at a 1986 Vette Header to possibly see if they would fit. Not a terrible idea, but later after I called directly to the manufactures. I was totally surprised that this was the first Summit Tech guy that failed giving good advice/

All three header companies gave me a part number and said "These headers will work with angle plugged heads.

My questions to the Forum is who else has dropped in an engine with angle plug heads and has anyone tried using corvette headers?? Just a thought lol

Dough thorleys was the most expensive at $680 part #DTE-300Y-C, 1 5/8 primary. Then Hooker at $496.95 part #2801 HKR 1 5/8 primary. and the cheapo set from hedman at 175.97 part #69260 with 1 1/2 primary.

Just curious on the see if anyone has ever tried Vette or any other combination header that has worked on a 64 chevy C10 and the engine has angled plug heads.

Thanks

Tony
Is This engine TPI? I can't remember when they got away from the Crossram mess. One other thing about the 283 with the front mounts, That would be a 1957 motor they only had those mounts on the 55-56-57,V8's we used to have to tie a dog chain from the front bolt on the intake to the driver fenderwell to keep the engine from torquing over and the fan would hit the shroud everytime you launched the car. the 55-56 were 265cuin. Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts