Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short I've gotten to a point in fixing this truck up to where i can start driving it after fixing it and piecing it back together for the last 4 years. recently I noticed the throttle cable not only had busted part of the shroud in the middle of the cable (not sure if original, but definitely an old cable, with a ball end that has a clip around the end to hold to the ball on the carb) and the pedal feels like it goes to the floor really easy. originally, this truck had a 350 4bbl (still have it) now temporarily replaced by a 305 with a high rise intake, and a Holley 4 barrel with a QFT Throttle/Spring Bracket that bolts to the carb studs. I bought an ATP Throttle cable, which has a different size ball hole and clip, and is 24 1/4 inch, which is the size I get recommended every time I search anywhere. the old throttle cable is about 19.5 inches at the center point of the ball hole, 20 inches full length, and worked good right up until the plastic shrouding gave up and broke. Is there any place that sells the 20 inch cable?

·
Super Moderator
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
803 Posts
Isn't there a lug at the end you can adjust? Are you saying that the cable you bought is non adjustable? I'm sure you could find a universal kit that would work. Some pictures might help..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts