Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy gents, first post here. I figured I'd look to the experts to help me on a 69 long box C10 I'm considering.

It has a 292 I6, 4 speed.

The upper exterior trim is currently present on the truck, but the lower trim is not... Is this a normal option? Perhaps the owner simply removed it?

Is the upper trim held on with adhesive, or will it leave holes in the sheet metal if removed?

Same questions on the lower trim, how is it attached?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
That is normal, I think it depended on what options the truck came with...some upper, some lower, some both, some none at all...if you do remove it it will leave holes as they used stud mounted clips back then no glue as they currently do...! and welcome to the forum, glad to have you here...! sign0016

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Scott sign0016 To C10 Truck... the upper trim is held with studs welded to the cab. The lower trim is held with screws and clips that get a nut on the back side you can look at www.LMCtruck.com They have on line catalogs that show clips and trim. Post some pictures of your 69 and anim_25

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha, well I will as soon as I get one! I'm considering an 84 shortbox as well, it is in clean shape.

I'm really just looking for something to stuff a hot small block project in and have fun rodding it around. ...I'm not sure how I feel about gutting the 292 out of that 69. It feels kinda wrong somehow. If I get one I 'll be sure to let you boys know!

Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts