Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve tried multiple time’s installing the horn cap retainer w/contact because I the horn wasn’t working. Each time I try it, there doesn’t seem to be a spring back when pushing down. It almost seems that there isn’t any movement at all. Also, the spring pin is in and is working fine. Thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve tried multiple time’s installing the horn cap retainer w/contact because I the horn wasn’t working. Each time I try it, there doesn’t seem to be a spring back when pushing down. It almost seems that there isn’t any movement at all. Also, the spring pin is in and is working fine. Thoughts?
On my 65 C10 I

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure what year yours is but on my 65 C10 I don’t tighten it all the way down. it needs to be loose enough so it makes contact when pushed but tight enough it doesn’t come loose. when the horn cap goes on the horn sounds until the horn cap is on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay I’ll have to try that and see how it works. When I tried that method before or similar approach the horn kept going off lol. I’m sure my neighbors loved it

·
Registered
327 Posts
First step disconnect horn under hood.
Second step pull horn button/cap off steering wheel.
Third step un-screw/take out all three screws, # 1 in pic
Forth step take out/off #2 in pic.(screw retainer)
Fifth step also take off/out # 3 in pic.(horn cap retainer)

Now all you should see besides the nut & washer is the # 4 in pic (spring back part) which is a spring loaded flat thin washer which keeps the horn from not going off when not in use.If I recall this flat spring washer goes in/back one way only.
Font Bicycle part Circle Rim Auto part

·
Super Moderator
259 Posts
Post is more than 9 months old so would think he has got it fixed by now but may help anyone with same fault (y)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Post is more than 9 months old so would think he has got it fixed by now but may help anyone with same fault (y)
I see the time difference and that's why I PM'ed him and he did get back to me saying life's curve balls got in the way for him to look further into his problem to find a fix. He will post to this Thread his findings when he gets a chance. Stumbling Blocks don't you just love them, LOL or Cry out load.anyway they're not fair.

·
Super Moderator
259 Posts
I see the time difference and that's why I PM'ed him and he did get back to me saying life's curve balls got in the way for him to look further into his problem to find a fix. He will post to this Thread his findings when he gets a chance. Stumbling Blocks don't you just love them, LOL or Cry out load.anyway they're not fair.
Thanks for update and your help on the forum , appreciated . Life can be a bitch at times , but we battle on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts