Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum so I decided to share my 1968 build. I am doing a complete frame off restoration on this truck and hope to sell it when it is done to sort of kick off my new shop. This truck actually started off as a c20 3/4 ton. So far I have converted it over to 5 lugs with a 12 bolt rear end and a late 70s front suspension. All of the trim has been removed and holes welded. The left rocker panel was replaced, which was the only rusted area on the truck. It will have a 350 small block with a 700r4 overdrive transmission. I will constantly post updates as I make progress for those who are interested. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Cool welcome to the forum glad to have you here, lot of people I`m sure will follow your build..! sign0016

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally had a chance to get some work done on the c10 today. We made a ton of patches today to fill in all of the unnecessary holes on the firewall. All we left is the gas pedal, steering column, and brake pedal holes. Tomorrow we will be installing the mock up engine and transmission so we can make the motor and transmission mounts, and start fabricating some custom wheel houses. The new rocker panel and motor mounts from LMC Finally showed up also.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Nice work. one of those things I need to do... beer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a Sunday update. We got the seats we are going to use mounted now time to design a center console that connects from the dash to the back of the cab right below the rear window. I also started straightening the front fenders and welding the emblem holes and marker light holes. We started messing around with ideas for the front inner fenders, which still isn't 100 percent decided.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Nice work, keep the pics coming...! beer

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks like that's going to be one smooooth ride! Keep the pictures coming, I'm interested to see how the inner fenders come out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts