Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1966 Chevrolet C10
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Only been on the forum a couple of days, but I wanted to make a little post to get things started & start a progress thread.

I'm Josh & I live in Shropshire in the UK, done a few modern stance cars up until now, will attach those on a separate post below.

So I've gone & done it, I've bought my first historic/classic, a 1966 Chevy C10 & i'm having it shipped over from ON. Canada to the UK.

Absolutely terrified, never done anything like this before, but I've wanted one of these since I was a kid & always thought it was just a pipe dream.

Not long turned 26 & sold my recent build to fund this.

Last payment being made next week when the seller takes it to the shipping depot & then the long wait begins!

I'll throw some pics that i've been sent down below, i'll make a small write up at some point of the work I know its had done.

For now it's just a case of waiting, hopefully be able to post more in Jan/Feb when its ready & on British roads / In my unit.

One of the main things I know, is it apparently has a later 1979-84 engine, 250ci 4.1l & is running the EZ AirRide setup.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle Tire
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Bumper Cylinder Gas Sewing machine Machine
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering wheel Steering part Gauge
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Window Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Gas
Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive battery Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome to the group. I'm new here as well and am in the middle of a LWB 66 c10 build.

Looks like you have the 6 cylinder.

What do you plan on doing to it?

Congratulations

·
Registered
1966 Chevrolet C10
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the group. I'm new here as well and am in the middle of a LWB 66 c10 build.

Looks like you have the 6 cylinder.

What do you plan on doing to it?

Congratulations

Thank you man! Welcome to you too!

I've just had a look through your thread man, it's looking brilliant already! some real in depth work, I'll keep an eye on your thread for sure!

Yeah that's it straight 6 & shes still running the 3 on the tree shifter too!

Alot of early stuff will be cosmetic for me, granted on how this runs/drives, as long as it at least runs, drives & stops like ive seen in the videos he's sent I can do a bit of the fancy stuff for the show season and then look at engine work over the following winter!

Thank you man :D

·
Registered
1966 Chevrolet C10
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For insight, this is the kind of build im moving from, completely new world for me the truck is.

Hopefully i'll do her justice though
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Car Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Wheel
, few ideals at least what I can see, sort a proper bed out, build something around the air tank (possibly cut out the base of a big toolbox), re-trim the seat & at least paint the engine/bay.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's awesome. I built a custom 2007 JCW Mini.

I have new ceramic coated inline 6 headers and a new powder coated Offenhauser 5416 Single Quad Carb Intake Manifold if your keeping the I6

Wood Motor vehicle Automotive design Font Vehicle door

·
Registered
1966 Chevrolet C10
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Little update, truck is now 100% mine, all paid for!

Currently sat in a container in Montreal, ready to start it's voyage across to southampton!

Heres a few pics from the shipping company/seller since delivery, prior to shipping.

Need to figure out a decent little service parts list for the engine, I cant confirm codes until its here, but can anyone explain the major difference between the 60's 250ci 4.1l I6 & whats in the truck now being a 79-84 250ci 4.1l I6? is there many differences in service bits?

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle
Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Grille Car
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant Steering part
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

1 - 6 of 6 Posts