Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
144 Posts
Will be a great experience for father / son working on this project and being his first car .

Hope you don't need too much of the WD 40 :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will be a great experience for father / son working on this project and being his first car .

Hope you don't need too much of the WD 40 :)
The more we get done the more excited I see him get. Gone through 1 can of WD40 already😅

Currently the back end is fully disassembled and the front fenders and grill are off.

Attachments

·
Registered
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
243 Posts
So just going back to stock?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So just going back to stock?
Not exactly. Lowering 5" rear and 3" in the front. CCP Disc breaks front and rear, power steering, Sniper EFI, wider and larger rims/tires, and maybe a 350 or 383, and he wants a modern paint job like this:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Making good progress. Got the rear frame C NOTCH Kit and panel fitment completed. The doors are ready to strip and bodywork. Also rebuilt the 12 bolt rear end and upgrade to disc breaks.

Window Motor vehicle Wood Musical instrument Bumper

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Bumper Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Wood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Floor

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On my way 🤣

It will slow down I think as we move to the cab si ce the floor needs to be replaced. I hate drilling out spot welds😫

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the rear end, traction bars shocked and springs installed. Also got the raw smoothie Wheels delivered today and need to powder coat them.

Hope to get the cab, inner fenders, and doors blasted by a dustless blasting company next week so I can get the floor replaced.

The big dilemma is do I keep the I6 to limit the hotroding my son may be tempted to do, or put in a V8 now while it's apart and bust the resale value????

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Automotive design Gas

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
243 Posts
Small block chevy will be cheaper in the long run..do it now. Resale value will be better with sbc. Plus the kid ain't gonna let you sell it anyway.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got 2 of the steel smoothie wheels powder coated over the weekend.

Decided to go with a V8. Nothing crazy, 345 HP/400 TQ high performance crate engine. 4 bolt main hydraulic roller cam.

Should be a good base to start with and he can build on it from there. Built to handle a turbo in the future.

I have a TH350 I think we will use for now.

·
Registered
243 Posts
So...you have a laser cut and a powder coat oven in your garage? Jeez...I'm missing out!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I had the dustless blasting done today. I wouldn't say it's dustless at all. It is a messy process, but the result is pretty amazing. I noticed a few dark spots. Hit them with Eastwood fast etch and cleand it right up.

Getting it dry asap is key. Once dry you can vacuum and remove any of the residue. They need to finish a few parts tomorrow and it will be ready for bodywork and epoxy primer.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Automotive design Bumper

Wood Shade Building Material property Fixture

Hood Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

Hood Office equipment Bumper Trunk Motor vehicle

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice..are you keeping the tank behind the seat. That cab looks like it's in pretty good shape. Don't see no Swiss cheese.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice..are you keeping the tank behind the seat. That cab looks like it's in pretty good shape. Don't see no Swiss cheese.
Doing a CCP 20 gallon aluminum efi tank between the frame rails at the back. Should help add some weight in the back.

The cab is very solid. The floor and firewall are being replaced though due to the condition where they meet. Bad in that area.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a drop in for my 64 that I have not installed yet. Looking to do new tank and EFI on my 77, so gonna keep an eye out on your project. Think I'm gonna bed mount mine, cuz it's super low and more exhaust/shock clearance..

My buddy has done a few EFI installs at work and he has same big block setup like mine. So we are gonna do my truck first. Just gotta find a tank to install and figure how to do it properly.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts