Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past thirteen months have been a tear-down stage for me. I have been doing very minimal work on the weekends only. These forums have inspired me and I've started putting in 4-5 hours f work after school on two or three weekdays when I have time. I can't wait to drive her. Thanks to all of you for the inspiration!! :)

Pictures with Notes as follow.

3. Photos of my engine, the heart of my project, this was before I bought the Suburban.

4.The first time I ever saw the truck, it was scheduled to be crushed within the month.

5. As I got closer I saw that there was a lot of damage to the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
6. Odometer reads 165,679 miles.

7. Interior was filled to the brim with wasp nests, took me about a week to kill all the wasps and remove the nests, not fun.

8. Interior was in alright shape, at-least there were seats.

9. Being a Northeast Truck the salt had got to it before I had, a small example of what I had to deal with.

10. Headliner is there along with all three rows.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
11. I was exited to see all the windows were there and intact.

12. P.O backed into something pretty hard.

13. Ouch.

14. Lift window and Tailgate

15. The one part on my truck that is in surprisingly good condition compared to the rest of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
16. Yet another dent.

17. The body is pretty straight, hooray!

18. The interior looks pretty alright.

19. Passenger side door does not open.

20. Hood is good, grille is good, everything else not so much.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
21. When we went to buy the truck it was raining, so the flat paint looked shiny and clean.

22. Took me ten minuets to force the rusted hood open.

23. Huge engine bay, I love it.

24. What is this curve in the frame, its only on the passenger side, I can get more pictures if needed.

25. Old style horns, cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
26. The smallest of the fender holes.

27. Ash Tray!, I don't smoke but intend to keep it as a tray jar or something, currently its full of nails from the P.O

28. After market gauges, original radio.

29. Knobs, what do they do?

30. Three on the tree, stiffest clutch I've ever pressed.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
31. More Gauges.

32. Cool parking permit, any way for me to remove the sticker while preserving it without ripping/destroying it?

33. The worlds smallest brake cylinder.

34. Jiggled the door open.

35. Letting the truck air out, it smelt like mildew and death inside.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
51.Yesterday the seats came out its so open!

52. Feelin good.

53. What is this thing? Under seat fan?

And thats all my progress as of 4/28/16. I will add to this post occasionally to keep you updated, if you like what you see please comment!, any tips, tricks or general advice is needed and welcomed!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Not sure but I'd guess a heater it gets cold in the back. Big project. you going back with the 3 speed trans or automatic?

anim_63

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
What ever you do don`t get rid of the heater under the seat, I have to do some research but if I`m right, you have one of the rare options, first one I have seen in 25 years...! Also when you install the TH400 trans you may have to trim the seal/seam on the fire wall, ( only about three inches in the middle ) as the TH400 and TH700 have a larger bell housing and they hit that seam..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Ill keep that heater in great shape then! I've done some pretty extensive research and had never seen anything like this on a Suburban let alone a C-10, also thank you very very much for the advice about the TH400 it not fitting, I really appreciate all the help I can get.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Love it. Take your time and do it right. At Northern Tool or Tractor Supply you can buy a siphon type sand blaster and abrasive pretty cheap for blasting some of that rust to see what you have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awesome project you've got here! The very first "car" I got the drive by myself was a '63 GMC panel truck -- I've always had a soft spot for these series trucks since then! Keep on trucking man!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts