Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
So are you using your new internally regulated alternator with your stock ammeter? If so is it reading/working good? So many post has prevented me from doing such for fire hazard purposes. I bought the AAW 500560 complete kit & currently about 70% complete with it. However, I have purchased a 12 volt guage to replace it with. I would love to keep my original ammeter if possible. I purchased a Power Master 12si. It's 100A at idle & 148A max. I'm all ears if you have a safe way that I can wire this up! Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So are you using your new internally regulated alternator with your stock ammeter? If so is it reading/working good? So many post has prevented me from doing such for fire hazard purposes. I bought the AAW 500560 complete kit & currently about 70% complete with it. However, I have purchased a 12 volt guage to replace it with. I would love to keep my original ammeter if possible. I purchased a Power Master 12si. It's 100A at idle & 148A max. I'm all ears if you have a safe way that I can wire this up! Thanks for sharing
Nope, I unplugged my ammeter years ago after reading the same horror stories.

There is a gauge out there, looks like and fits in the same spot... but it's a voltmeter. I forget who sells it tho'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts