Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys,

I am going to test the group on this on this issue LOL 1965 C10 Roller I picked up here in Atlanta thats my next project. I am tearing it down now and got to the wheels and tires.

Problem is my front passenger wheel is either rusted or stuck on the outter drum cover. Both of the fronts were stuck, so I used Transmission oil and Acetone mix and sprayed both front wheels. The Drivers side just popped of easy.

The passenger side is being a BITCH!!! Its not moving off the lugs at all. I've used my heavy BFH on the rim and even slid a breaker bar and started hammering on the wheel in hopes of breaking the rim free off the Drum. Still no avail.

Any suggestion from the group or has any one ever experienced this madness LOL

Added pics for your viewing pleasure LOL

Tony

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hit it on a crisis cross pattern with your BFH. Front and back. Put the lug nuts almost back on in case it pops free, do donuts with the lugs slightly loose, or heat it with a torch. I dunno. That's what I'd try.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Just a guess it's stuck on the hub.....pull wheel hub and all at once, put the rim on some blocks and use a block of wood on the hub so you can really smack it on the ground....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank Stutter and 406Rich,

I've tried to pull the hell out of it with both the wheel and the drum covers and still nothing. Ill keep spraying the homemade penetrating mixture till it frees it's self loose.

Right now I've had to cover every thing up due to bad weather that's about to hit the Atlanta area from Hurricane Irma.

Thanks guys for the help :)

Tony

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Tony pull the hub cover off, remove the spindle nut and cotter pin, take the wheel, hub, drum off as one unit from the spindle..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OHHHH, Got it LOL sorry that makes sense a pain that I thought about that as well but I have to for that damn wheel to come off LOL

Thanks 406Rich will go that route when the weather clears up on Wednesday

Tony

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OHHHH, Got it LOL sorry that makes sense a pain that I thought about that as well but I have to for that damn wheel to come off LOL

Thanks 406Rich will go that route when the weather clears up on Wednesday

Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts