Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

1964 Stock C10 tires and wheels

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  cuazy 
#1 ·
Greetings from Texas...

My 15 year old has shown interest in restoring my grandfathers 1964 C10 2WD fleetside with no powersteering. It's now running good. We will use the truck on the farm and for a short evening cruise a couple times a year. His first desicion was to upgrade the wheels and tires and wants to go more off-road than street.

Trying to go somewhat classic with the wheel and thinking of putting Unique Smoothie 5X10X6-139.70 -32 wheels with 255/70/15 General Grabber off road tires. Would prefer an OWL tire made in USA, but like the pattern of the General tire Diameter of the current 215/75/15 tires is 27.7 (703.5). Diameter of new would be 29.1. I understand little about these measurements. My measurements look like I have about 2 inches of clearance from the tire to the wheel well nearest the doors with the current tires/wheels. I'm thinking the new setup will work, but
I would welcome and recommendations and thoughts.

I'm trying to avoid the cost of lifting it.

Many thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.