Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My project started with me looking for a classic truck (Chevy or GMC) that I would fix up and eventually (when I retire) would tow an Airstream trailer.

I dreamed and drooled for several years until about 5 yrs ago, I found mine...

After I got it home and the fog of "love at first sight" began to wear off, I found several issues I missed when I was checking it out.

The bed had about 40lbs of bondo (VERY slight exaggeration). When explains the color change when I found a bed in MUCH better shape and swapped the old bed (plus $800).

2 Years later, I moved it to a friend's place and the body work started. That's where we see the truth.

See part 2...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1964 Chevy C-10 Stepside Longbed (part 2)

2 Years later, I moved it to a friend's place and the body work started. That's where we see the truth.

And, I can't forget about the pignose hood. For some reason, it followed me home. ;-)

The work begins (part 3).

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The middle reveal, part 4.

Got it home; straight, and primered but not painted.

The badges and missing pieces are still in a box. And, the bed doesn't look as good as it did 2 yrs ago (desert sun eats everything).

There is an issue when shifting... sometimes, it "pops out" and I can't shift at all. The only fix has been to pull over, open the hood, and (using a regular screwdriver) "pop" it back in gear (motor off, obviously).

I have a NEW rear/underbed gas tank from truckandcarshop in Orange, CA. I also have a freshly rebuilt 700R4 to upgrade it to a 4 spd automatic.

Bad news for me, but good news for someone... my family got larger and the pickup can't hold us. So, I will be adding the info to the for sale list.

Good news is I have a new project... :-/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts