Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired a 1964 C30 dually. Has 133 in wheelbase. Runs and drives well in great condition. Currently has a camper on it. Camper isn't in bad shape but I don't need two. (might make a trailer out of the camper)

Would like to put a box on it and wonder what all is involved in putting a fleet side bed on it. I've seen pictures on the internet of some custom work people have done and was hoping somebody could tell me first hand how to do it. I have access to a metal shop and can fab just about anything I would need.

PS I brought this up on a Facebook group and didn't get much information other than people getting upset that I would even consider taking the camper off it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sounds like a fun project! Post a photo when you have time. A few questions to help the group answer ya:
Are you keeping it as a dually?
If yes are you planning to widen the Fleetside bed to accommodate the duals, or:
Are you planning to keep stock Fleetside width and add fenders to the outside?
Not sure what the dimensions are but you may also need to lengthen the bed. I have a 1964 C10 fleetside and the WB is 127. Hope the standard long bed will fit for you without stretching it out

And, everyone is allowed to do whatever they want with their trucks that includes you removing the camper haha

1 - 2 of 2 Posts