Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am already a member of trifive owning a 57 chevy sport coupe. I just purchased a 64 chevy c-10 that is pretty much all original except at some point someone installed a 327 motor form a 67 impala. does anyone know if there's a way to find out what the original engine would've been?? my guess it was probably a 6 cylinder, but would like to find out for sure. I've checked the Vin# on some of the websites that break down the vin # but still can't determine what the original engine would've been.. thanks for any help

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
The vin will not denote between six and v-8, can you get a pic of the rad area, six cylinders came with two row rad with smaller u-channels in which the rad sat at the bottom attached too a brace running between frame rails, unless the previous owner swapped out the brace and or the radiator saddles ( v-8 models used three row radiator, wider, they will not fit the saddles ) also the v8 models used a differant shroud as shown on mine. Radiator on mine not original, but everything else is.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome to C10 Trucks Greg! Post up some pics when you get a chance!

Dave
bowtieb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts