Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I just registered for this forum so i am sure this will be my first post of many.
I just picked up a 1962 C10 that I plan on fully restoring. The question I got is my vin number in the cab and on the frame match up. It states it is 1962 2wd short bed pickup made in St Louis. But my truck has a coil spring front end instead of a torsion bar set up. Everything I can find says all 1962s has the torsion bar front end. I can not find any signs of the frame being cut to install a coil spring set up. Is it possible some of the later 62s had coil springs? Or in order to convert it to coil springs is it just a bolt on job? I know engine is not original has it now has a 327.

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I wasn't upset at all when I seen the coil springs. Good looking frame. Any ideas on how to id what year my springs and control arms came from. Just want to be able to order right spindles, bearings and stuff for disc brakes.

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
32 Posts
If I'm not mistaken both upper and lower controls arms should be the same from 63-72, the difference is going to be in the ball joints. I think 63-70 use the same ball joints and the 71-72 use the same BJ. does your setup have disc brakes?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Just order `73 to `87 spindle disc brake kit, use the `73 to `87 ball joints....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome bro....I also have a 62 C10 shorty that had torsion bars and I was able to BOLT-ON a 1971 C10 front disc suspension making it look stock. Some PO did that hard work for you. Don't worry be happy.
Greetings, I just joined this group. I have left the F-100s and am going Chevy. I have a '60 C10 in great shape. But I would like power steering and discs up front. You say a '71 all bolts up, would the P/S bolt up too? I have a 3 on the tree, would I have to change columns?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts