Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my 1962 c10 that I picked up a few years back that has turned into a frame off rebuild. I have added original pics of when I purchased it and some pics of the progress. I live here in SOCAL so I have the privilege to buy parts from various resources. Let me know if anyone has any ??? I will try to answer to my best ability.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
frame stripped and painted black with newly installed 1971 c10 k member with rebuilt upper/lower control arms with CPP 2.5 drop spindles 2inch lowering coils front and 4 in rear. rear trailing arms received new poly bushings from CPP.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bad Ass

Thank you for posting pictures, I wanted to put rack and pinion, dropped spindles and a big V8 in my 62. You just gave me so much inspiration. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Nice work Vdawg…!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Greg I ended up using the stock rear suspension setup but used the rearend off a 1970 and used the same front k member off a 1970 and it actually bolted right up ....just had to re-drill a few holes...but after that was installed I ended up using the NO Limit Engineering rack n pinion setup and it actually bolted right up with a little modification to the frame where the steering linkage connects.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you

Thank you so much, I would love some help, I want to pull off the cab, trying to figure out a way to do it without a cherry picker

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Left over build parts

what's up fellas...I'm working on uploading some current pics of my 62 that I have been working on. I have a few OG parts in good condition that are gona be up forsale.

gas tank with filler hose and cap
metal radiator shroud
trans cross member
parking brake cables
trans shift linkage
torsion bar cross member
vent windows non cracked
big back window glass with rubber seal
glovebox
ash tray
radio delete plate
heater controls
rear drums
I know im forgetting some stuff

remember im working on the pics.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I also forgot to mention that I custom built the dollies to bolt up the the cab and bed that will also be for sale. Plus I also made an attachment that will connect to your cherry picker that will allow you to lift the cab and bed by yourself if your the type of guy that wrenches alone.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Nice job on the truck....! beer

1 - 20 of 20 Posts