Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchase a new box from LMC sides front panel and all the sills and rear mount.

the rear sill mounting hole do not line up to my frame.

Is there a difference going from a step side to a fleet side in mounting locations?

I am having a hard time trying to figure out why brand new parts do not fit.

Could use some help.

Thanks

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here, sign0016
no difference from fleet to step, but there is a difference in frames from `60 to `62 and `63 to `66, 60 to 62 frames are 42 inches wide overall in the rear and 63 to 66 are 39.76 wide overall..I`m assuming your talking of the very rear bed sill that goes under the tailgate...? Did they ship the right bed sill for the year truck you have....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bed sill they shipped measures 39.5 inch from center to center mounting holes The frame measures about 33 inches center to center. Also if the rear sill is supposed to bolt to the frame the rear sill sits 4-6inch behind the frame.

Is it possible the bed sides are too long or is a 1962 short box the same length for all years.

Thanks for the response. I could post some pics if that may help you .

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Posting pics would be a big help....! of frame and bed sills...and bed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going from a step side to a fleet side

I talk to LMC and they said step side sill are 55 inch long and fleet side are 72 inch long.

I think this may be my whole problem.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I'm going from a step side to a fleet side

I talk to LMC and they said step side sill are 55 inch long and fleet side are 72 inch long.

I think this may be my whole problem.
Yes...thats the whole issue...!

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Buy the right bed sills for a fleet side....will they exchange..?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I buy the shorter sills for the step side the would make the front of the bed longer than the sills and pull the fleet side panels in so the rear wheels would be sticking out.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
bed sill placement, not mine random image...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts