Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a '61 Apache with transmission only. I assume it is the stock. I am wondering what are the items I need to do in order to use a fuel injected engine from a 96 Silverado. I am asking about things like drilling hole for sensor in the radiator. Will more modern engines line up with motor mounts in Apache? Thanks for any help!

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I just bought a '61 Apache with transmission only. I assume it is the stock. I am wondering what are the items I need to do in order to use a fuel injected engine from a 96 Silverado. I am asking about things like drilling hole for sensor in the radiator. Will more modern engines line up with motor mounts in Apache? Thanks for any help!
First welcome to the forum and glad to have you here, first we could better serve you if we had pictures of said engine, there are several engines used that year and with different configurations, such as TBI or vortec, but either will bolt in your engine bay, engine mounts will be the biggest issue, the engine harness and ECM will have to be ordered as a stand alone harness, reason for this as you will not have all the sensors that came with the original `96 vehicle...( thats a plus ), but these engines can be converted to carb if you wanted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts