Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I am brand new to the forum and I own a 61 c10 apache long bed step side. When I got the truck the one of the previous owners ripped all the Chevy steering parts out hacked up the column and installed some sort of ford rack n pinion steering... I ripped all that out and replaced the column but now I'm stuck at my question... can anyone tell me what parts I need to go from pitman arm to wheel to wheel I have nothing and cannot find much info on it, if I'm not mistaken it uses a panhard bar?? I have wheels still installed just need to complete the missing links any help is appreciated

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Hi guys I am brand new to the forum and I own a 61 c10 apache long bed step side. When I got the truck the one of the previous owners ripped all the Chevy steering parts out hacked up the column and installed some sort of ford rack n pinion steering... I ripped all that out and replaced the column but now I'm stuck at my question... can anyone tell me what parts I need to go from pitman arm to wheel to wheel I have nothing and cannot find much info on it, if I'm not mistaken it uses a panhard bar?? I have wheels still installed just need to complete the missing links any help is appreciated
As seen in Mark`s image you`ll need the drag link and tie rod ends, tierod ends can be bought at any of the vendors new, the drag link will be a wrecking yard or donor truck item, 1960 to `62 will be the same. I believe GMC is also the same for the same years....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts