Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, things are getting started with my son's 1961 Apache 10 project. The current concern is installing power steering. I have procured the front suspension from a 1984 Chevy C-10 for a disc brake conversion. The donor came with the full steering linkage and power gearbox. I read that I needed an adapter kit to convert from the manual gearbox / ram cylinder to integral assist gearbox. Can anyone offer info or advice on where to find a suitable adapter or what specific kit I need? I think CPP has one but I can't find much information.

I also obtained a donor 1995 GMC C1500 for a TBI 305 complete with a 5 spd manual trans. Any advice about the rear cross member would be appreciated also. Thank you to all.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Here`s a link for you, this is the best on the market...the one from Cpp is a little off on placement...ask me how I know....just about everyone uses this one for the steering box plate with instructions, it is a real nice piece, the member lives in Idaho...
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=332923

Transmission crossmember is a different story as no one makes one, so with that said I have a couple of pics as what you`ll need to build...and you can procure one from any mid seventies to eighties GM cars or trucks and modify it..

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts