Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am looking för seat bottom springs for a 61-62 C10.
Need to replace the 6 springs on drivers side and would rather not build new ones myself if not necessary.

Does anybody want to sell and ship to Sweden?

Does anybody know where I can find new or used springs?

Thx

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tip!

these are the side springs, but I´ve contacted Classic Industries to check if they've got the center springs as well.

Quite a difficult website to navigate if you don't have a exact match on the article name, at least for me as a foreigner with the odd gap in my vocabulary...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Matt sign0016 To C10 Truck Enjoy your stay with us WWW.LMCtruck.com sells the springs. You can look at there on line catalog Hope this helps
Nearer, but not quite there.
The spring I need, back to front of seat bottom, that starts off with a coil spring and ends in front, is not in their parts list.

The broken ones I've got are broken in the middle and also in the back where the coil has a butt end that secures the spring to the frame.
The coil is the real issue for me...

But I appreciate this, I've already come further with this post than I did before.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Nearer, but not quite there.
The spring I need, back to front of seat bottom, that starts off with a coil spring and ends in front, is not in their parts list.

The broken ones I've got are broken in the middle and also in the back where the coil has a butt end that secures the spring to the frame.
The coil is the real issue for me...

But I appreciate this, I've already come further with this post than I did before.
I keep looking for you, may take a while....

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I managed to pry one of the seat springs loose.
It doesn't look like anything I've seen before.
The picture shows center spring (all look the same on the drivers side except the ones on the outside, they are
approx 6 cm shorter. Handwriting Wood Art Font Triangle

On passenger side the butt end points the other way though.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Wow...Matte,... I`ll see what I can find, I`ve never had a seat apart so I can`t tell you anything...are these springs from the side of the seat ( supporting the sides )....?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Matte here is another link second images in thread shows the same front /side support spring, can`t find any on line so you may have to clip in a crutch( straight pice of spring material ) , as far as the coils as I understand it its the same springs used in furniture 9 gauge ( pretty much standard ) coils come in 6,8,9, inch lengths, you can go locally to you and find new coils at a upholstery shop or a wrecking yard and salvage one from another seat...you`ll need to find and order clips to install. note; in this thread they also install extra side seat springs for extra support along with the old springs. If you go the wrecking yard route I suggest taking a set of bolt cutters with you to cut out the springs you need or you`ll be there all day removing them.

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/26-interiors/949658-bench-seat-soft-sides-how-i-reinforce.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, this is a nice thread for side support springs, but I have problems finding the center spring which is not a no-sag spring.
But in the end I suppose I'll have to replace it with nosag anyway, if I cant find a stock replacement spring.

Thank you for all your time and support, this was definitely the right forum for me and my question.

https://c10trucks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3516&d=1522214183

1 - 11 of 11 Posts