Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is maybe a silly question, but I haven't had a chance to peal up the carpet, afraid of what I'll find and it's sitting in driveway in freezing temps do i am in a hold for now.

This isn't a panel, does it have a metal or wood floor? I'm guessing from what I'm reading they are a plywood floor behind the passenger seat. If this is correct and I go to replace, how hard is it to use plans like the pickups used?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Yes they are wood, now if it's in decent shape I wood remove it and reseal the wood with marine spar, if the decking is bad and needs replacing use CDX marine plywood, you could take it one step further and coat the new plywood with fiberglass, just buy the glass in rolls lay it out mix the two part epoxy and roll it on...you wouldn't be able to use planking like the truck beds as fumes would creep into the cab...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they are wood, now if it's in decent shape I wood remove it and reseal the wood with marine spar, if the decking is bad and needs replacing use CDX marine plywood, you could take it one step further and coat the new plywood with fiberglass, just buy the glass in rolls lay it out mix the two part epoxy and roll it on...you wouldn't be able to use planking like the truck beds as fumes would creep into the cab...
I hadn't thought about the fumes, but that's a very valid concern. I also sort of like the fiberglass idea if I go that route, but if plywood, I might just carpet it again.

I am still a bit curious about the 'truck bed' look as I have seen it done in several photos online....are those likely just pure show trucks or is there maybe a way to seal them up? If mine is still good, I'll just keep it, but I'm guessing it'll be due a floor considering how long it had sat.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got a chance to crawl under the truck today and though dirty, it actually looks pretty solid still. I'm debating a body off to speed asking a few other things, but still undecided.

How long will the marine spar last? I'm also wondering if I pull the body off and clean up the underside, could I coat everything with something like a rhino line or rubber undercoating?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Got a chance to crawl under the truck today and though dirty, it actually looks pretty solid still. I'm debating a body off to speed asking a few other things, but still undecided.

How long will the marine spar last? I'm also wondering if I pull the body off and clean up the underside, could I coat everything with something like a rhino line or rubber undercoating?
Marine spar will last indefinitely unless your a boat out in the sun and water, you could also use rhino liner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts