Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sure this has been asked many times but I searched and couldn’t find an answer. I’ve got a 1960 Apache stepside with a sb 350, th 350, and original x frame torsion bar suspension. The P.O. put a long set of headers and ran the exhaust 4” under the frame. I’m going to put a set of ram horn manifolds and try to run the exhaust all the way out the back above the frame. I can see enough room to go above the tranny crossmember but it looks very tight above the torsion bar cross member and x frame and under the cab. Any thoughts or advice?
Thanks,
Dave

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Dave some years back...there was a 38 ford coupe at a show with the stock frame custom axles under it, the early ford has an X-frame...this guy ovaled his exhaust pipes thru the crossmember holes ( the holes are ovaled shaped by the factory originally) something to think about...it does not have to be round... anim_63 look like this one..?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That could work. I haven’t measured the space between the top of the torsion bar cross member - x frame and the bottom of the cab (looks like maybe 2”), but I might be able to fabricate an oval transition piece to go through the tight area. Good idea! Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts