Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My only guess is that someone drilled these for mounting an antenna of some sort back in the day. I guess I’m looking for confirmation that is the case or if it was there from the factory then what is it for and where can I buy what goes there? I don’t have the welding skills to cover it and don’t want to body work and repaint the can either. Looking for advice as to what you all might do if you had the same situation?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 65 has the same hole. I was told it was where some kinda antenna (probably a cb radio) was mounted when my great grandmother bought the truck. Mine was a county work truck prior to her buying it in ‘68. There’s a no weld epoxy patch kit that eastwood sales that supposedly will patch up to a 2” hole but you’d still have to do a little body work and paint to fix it. I plan to weld mine but it isn’t in near that condition. I have a lot of body and paint work to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 65 has the same hole. I was told it was where some kinda antenna (probably a cb radio) was mounted when my great grandmother bought the truck. Mine was a county work truck prior to her buying it in ‘68. There’s a no weld epoxy patch kit that eastwood sales that supposedly will patch up to a 2” hole but you’d still have to do a little body work and paint to fix it. I plan to weld mine but it isn’t in near that condition. I have a lot of body and paint work to go.
Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'll also go with the CB Antenna deal, seen them there before back when CB's were popular LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts