Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

Ask & Answer question about Paint & Bodywork Questions and Answers

28K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  The_Black_Vatican 
#1 ·
Ask & Answer question about Paint & Bodywork Questions and Answers

#7 ·
#8 ·
I'm thinking of using Monstaliner on the firewall, inner fender areas, and underside of the hood. Basically remove the cowl, top fender corners, outer fenders, hood and grill, and paint everything else inside and out with a Monstaliner color that will go well with the finished body color.

My logic being I can do it in my garage with a paint roller with a minimum of taping and worrying about paint lines or overspray. It's supposed to be extremely durable, 100% UV protected, safe for use up to 300 degrees, and comes in a large variety of colors.

Right now, the body color I'm planning on is 90-91 GM Steel Blue Metallic, with underhood being Monstaliner medium quartz gray. I haven't decided whether the interior metal will be Steel blue as well or maybe something close to Monstaliner light quartz gray.

I state all of this long winded information to ask the following:
- Anyone use Monstaliner or a similar product like I'm contemplating?
- Any suggestions or comments to either dissuade or help avoid pitfalls?

This is for a daily driver I'm building now. I want it to be nice, but it will be a daily driver that gets used like a truck.

#9 ·
#11 ·
Rusty holes

It seems like someone drilled into the sides of the truck bed on top and it looks like the metal may be dual-layered. Any ideas for filling this stuff in or do I just need to weld flat barstock to the whole thing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.