Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

Need Help w/ Instrument Cluster!

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Blue Goose 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I and my older truck, really need your help!....

I have a 1978, Chev, 1/2 ton, V8, 350 pickup.
My old instrument panel is gone.... And ones I've gotten, don't work... AND, I've broken tabs off the housing of the instrument cluster.... A series of mistakes on my part!!

So, I'll get to my question... I know, parts are listed for 1973-1987 for this truck. BUT, there are many variations!

Mine had a large fuel gauge, instead of tach; and had no clock and no air conditioning.

Is it fair to assume that the cluster housing, the white, plastic part, holding the gauges, is the same for diff configurations in these years and that the only difference is in the circuit board??

Can I just find a good housing and replace the circuit board?

Thanks!!.... Ken/"kenner"

See less See more
#2 ·
I think there were just 2 housings.! for clock and 1 without clock.I have a 85 Suburban housing in my 78.Another difference is the later models had a speed sensor on back to see speedometer for cruise control.78 did not have that.I found one with the clock,bought a new lens and in the process of getting the speedo calibrated ,I dropped it and shattered the whole thing.Back to pick and pull many times until I found a useable housing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.