Votes: 32 21.3%

Votes: 22 14.7%

Votes: 30 20.0%

Votes: 26 17.3%

Votes: 33 22.0%

`67 to `72 truck poll

11K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  lafcadio 
#1 ·
Ok guys post a vote of your ride, lets see how many we have here..in the 67 to 72 group, note if own more than one add all your trucks in before you hit vote button, once you do its done...

#2 ·
Hi all! Just joined and am looking forward to some good advice and conversations. I own a '70 GMC SWB stepside that has been around the block a few times. He's been parked in my shop for several years after the clutch went away. Amongst other problems, and my wife developing cancer, he's not received the care he needs. His name is Rag Beauty #5 and is a member of a long line of trucks we've had. Sorry for this long diatribe but here goes.... #5 is now going to be brought back to life. I have a .060 over 350 C.I. with a 5 speed for motivation. his body is good, very little body rot and a rebuilt front end. I bought him from a kid with a lot of money and very little mechanical smarts. #5 has the original motor and 3 speed, with 6 lug brakes on the back, and 5 lug disks on the front, with dropped spindles. He will get 6 lug disks on the front, too. Before he became clutchless he was rewired, front to back, new exhaust from headers back, minor cab repairs and then driven for maybe 5K miles. His engine is sorry. But he came with a new Edelbrock carb and manifold, the headers, and a mild cam. As i said, the seller wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer but he had good intentions. Now #5 will be powered by the new built motor and have bucket seats, with a two point roll bar with a cross bar to attach 5 point belts, sound deadener insulation and various other interior mods. now here's my first, of probably many, questions. The front drive shaft will have to be cut to fit the 5 speed. which way should i go, a shop made custom shaft or try it myself with a Speedway kit? Also, will a high hump transmission floor pan be high enough or should i fab a new center pan? This will not be an overnight project as I'm an old man who has good intentions and lots of spare parts. This build has got a limit to the amount of money he will have put into him.... $5K. I have most everything already from various other vehicles. Thanks for your time and patience reading this long, long comment but in my defense, this being locked down because of the pandemic has made me a bit loquacious. Looking forward to reading everything on this site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.