Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

1971 shift collar needed

2K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  mjgord51 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 1971 c10 auto trans. and the 'shift collar' on the column is sloppy where the pin goes through to hold the shift lever. I have tried to find the part. But have struck out so far. Does anyone have one they would part with or tell me who has them. I can't be the only one that has had the problem.

Thanks Larry

#2 · (Edited)
What Part of it is "sloppy" ?
You mean one like this? Its called a "Shift Lever Housing".This one is from a 69 C10, color looks to be a Turquoise Medium Green.

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
Shifter Lever Housing

There were two different shift lever housings for 67-72 Chevy and GMC trucks. All years interchangeable (pending trans used).

1. One for Standard Column three on the tree (3OTT) and Automatic Column shifting for Powerglide (2 spd) and 3 spd T350/T400 trans.
2. One for floor shifting (4 spd). Smooth collar housing "no provision" for column lever.

$50.00 lower 48. Free Shipping

#10 ·
I though this forum is all about giving advice and getting solutions to anybody participating in these post we're in but then again from time to time a one hit wonder comes along that wants something that you have and you go all out to get him/her the answer they want and then the trail goes Cold. WOW sometimes I wonder why they even wast there time in the first place.
I've been accused of asking too many questions about a 50+ year old part I want and seeing something on it that I'm not interested in putting a lot more time and energy in fixing it up for my usage and the seller complaining to the/a administrator then getting Kicked off for ever that place is called the Darkside which other forum members nick name it as. I know a hole lot of "JMO" but I'm feeling Chatty this morning, LOL 😉

#14 · (Edited)
It's your part and you need to know before they attempt a fix as how it's being repaired. Again your part can't be arc welded it's a cast type of pot metals. Uninformed so called fix it shops can Destroy it if they don't know what the part is made of.

#15 ·
It would have been better if you had shown us what the area of repair needed the fix to further give you some ideas if it could or could not be saved. Just trying to be honest for you as I do know how hard it is to fix these 50+ year old Trucks and find the parts needed for them when hunting for OEM parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.