Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

Hello From Somd

15K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  chesapeake 
#1 ·
We just picked up a 95 K1500 with a 5.7 and a new by me Girzzly locker,, I have ordered all new steering parts and that should start this weekend The truck has 156K miles and about a half of the wheel turn in slop,, some one rounded off the adjustment capture nut so that tells me its more than likely done, The body is in fine shape as far as the metal,, I have some fiberglass work to do on the step side short bed ,, Mrs. Chesapeake has named her "Belle"

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice looking truck..! sign0016

#5 ·
Bo I feel your pain on the sloppy steering.I am forever replacing idler and pitman arms on these models as well as ball joints.Have run across a few that have had worn out rag joints as well.They are hard to see with the gravel shiel in place.So far i have not found a replacement bar buying the whole shaft.Oh and welcome to the site.Post up a few more pics when you get a chance.
David

#9 ·
steering replacement

Hello Friends last Sat. I began the tear down,, boy was some one lucky ! in my original crawl under I was unable to see the end of the pitman arm I had to go by feel, well , I am horrified to tell you the nut holding the Pitman arm to the steering bar? was gone. "Belle" has new parts from knuckle to knuckle , new steering box and I hope we are good, I added fluid went stop to stop many times but have a horrible sqweel,, the fluid is dirty and I am going to do a complete flush, wish me luck ! hahaha,

#10 ·
Is it a belt squeal? Did you change the pump?If so look at the belt with the engine running where it goes across the idler.If you can see shiny on either side of the belt then this may be the problem.I have had to go back and reposition the ps pulley slightly to eliminate a squeal.Try shooting some silicone on the back side of belt while running and see if goes away.Just the slightest misalignment will cause the belt to scrub laterally across the pulleys.The same goes for the tensione ras the pivot could be worn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.