Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

Wrecked 2015 Silverado Latest Project

15K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  dshotaur 
#1 ·
After I sold my 61 Shortbed I thought I would try a late model and see if I could get in a fairly new truck reasonable.

I picked up this 2015 LTZ with 20k miles

vault 22 location

I had to replace both curtain air bags along with one in the passenger seat, two front seat belts and activators, I was able to save the headliner, but had to buy an upper seatcover for the Passenger seat.

See less See more
#2 ·
I was able to pick up 2 GM surplus doors for $300 a piece, but had to buy a new Bedside.

The bed side gave me the opportunity to use body adhesive which went pretty well, I wish it came in smaller quantities as I have 2/3 of a tube left over that cost $100

#3 ·
Here is where it sits now

To get a title in Virginia for a rebuilt salvage vehicle I had to get it inspected submit paperwork and fees and wait for a DMV special agent to come inspect the repairs and check for stolen parts, had to save the parts removed and keep all the receipts for purchases.

Worst part is now I have to wait 6-8 weeks before the agent has time for the inspection

This week since I'm waiting anyway it's going to get the side painted hopefully it will be back before he calls

#4 ·
Looks good Bud, you did a nice job....!beer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.