Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

Interior Door Panels

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  demoniam 
#1 ·
This may sound like a crazy question, but I have yet to find a clear answer:

My aftermarket door panels "squeak", so I got on LMC's website to find a solution. What I found was that my pull straps are only attached to the door panel, not the door itself. In addition, there were no plastic clips attaching it to the door. So the only attachment points were the door handle trim piece, the arm rest, and the screws at the bottom of the panel.

How important is it that the straps be screwed into the door? What about the other connectors? Will it make a difference?

Thanks
John

#2 ·
John the factory had the straps secured with a large screw into the door frame covered over by the trim ends. I would assume you need the same to keep from pulling the panel all apart..

#3 ·
I would assume so, too, so I took them apart. Interestingly, instead of each side of the strap being held by one screw, they have 2 on each side, and bolted on the back. And none of the holes line up with the factory bracket. It's probably not worth me messing with, but it does make me wonder about what went on with that truck in a former life!

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.